We know there are amazing writers in the Sparkle writer’s Hub, that’s why we are bringing this information to you.
The Arkansas International is inviting entries for its inaugural emerging writer’s prize. The winner will receive US$1000 and a publication. The prize is only open to writers who have not yet published a full-length book.
The Arkansas International is a journal of literature from the University of Arkansas Program in Creative Writing and Translation.
Entries for the Emerging Writer’s Prize in Fiction should be a single prose work not exceeding 7,500 words. Entrants may submit more than once, but each new entry must be accompanied by a separate $20 entry fee.
Here are few guidelines you need to note;
– It is pen to writers who haven’t yet published a full-length book, and who have no book forthcoming before May 1, 2018. Writers with chapbooks are allowed.
– All work will be considered for inclusion in the print journal.
– Only previously unpublished work will be considered.
– The contest will be judged blindly, so please do not include your cover letter, your name, or any contact information in your uploaded document.
– Submit your double-spaced work as a single .doc, .docx, or .pdf file.
– Close friends of the judge, as well as anyone recently affiliated with the University of Arkansas, which includes those who have studied or worked there within the past 4 years, are ineligible.
– $20 entry fee includes a one-year subscription to The Arkansas International (free to current subscribers).
Whatever your decision please make sure you submit your entry on or before 15th October 2017. Applications should be done via the Prize’ website.