Hey Sparkle Writers, we’ve got great news for you.! In collaboration with Radioactive, we are collecting stories for a free E- anthology of short stories that will explore diverse feminine themes from a woman’s perspective .
The anthology, an initiative of the Afriwowri Literary Project, will be a source of inspiration and awareness to young women featuring writing from from African women and millennials. The purpose is to curate fresh and unique voices which tell the Africa story from perspectives.
Exceptional works which explore themes in a new insightful manner will be shortlisted. Deadline for submission is 31st March,2017.
Media partners are Writivism, iHarare and Namibian Opportunities. Other supporters include Josephine Ngminvielu Kuuire of Mumble Photography for the cover photo. Submission Information can be downloaded here.
These are the guidelines that govern submission so read carefully.
- All work must be electronically submitted to with “Submission: Name, Title” in the subject line (for example, “Submission: Aboraa Jalade, 9 Lives”).
- Simultaneous submissions are welcomed, however, please let us know if the work is accepted elsewhere.
- Works which fall within one of the following categories are accepted: *Fiction *Non-Fiction
- Entries must be created by a citizen of an African country, who lives on the continent or the diaspora.
- Submissions must be in English. Up to 2 entries are permitted per author. Each entry must be submitted as a separate attachment.
- Stories should be attached to the email as a Word document file. Submissions should be typed with 12 pt. Times New Roman type.
- Personal details should not be included on the work being submitted.
- Please add a cover letter into the body of the email that includes your first and last name, email address, the title of your work(s), and a brief bio (100 words or less).
- Works must not exceed more than 5,000 words.