If you are a blogger considering moving from probably a wordpress.com account to hosting your own website, this post is for you. We will not be able to exhaust all of the dos and don’ts in one post but we can give you enough information that will help to shape your website decisions.
Here are the dos and don’ts.
- Choose the right technology and hosting solutions in website building.
- Use the smallest images you need, not the smallest images available.
- Use software programs to compress large images or to resize.
- Avoid complex designs. Stick with a simple design.
- Use the same background images on every page.
- Limit what your visitors have to download.
- Open the site on a mobile using data connection and check how fast it loads.
- Make the site mobile-friendly.
- Make the icons clear and well-organized.
- Make it easy to find addresses and phone numbers.
- Make sure your web designer is cool with codes and scripts that is if you are not the web designer.
- Do a test-run on as many browsers and devices as possible.
And you are good to go!