If you’ve been following us for a while then you will know we have talked about commonly confused words and how knowing what each word means will help you use it well.
Today we have a quiz to test your knowledge on this subject. If you need to refresh, read the post again.
In each sentence, choose the correct word from the pair of similar terms (If both words possibly can be correct, choose the more plausible one).
1. The roll-top desk was made by an exceptionally skilled ________.
2. Drink, drank, (have) drunk are the ________ parts of the verb “to drink.”
3. Pliny the _______ died in the eruption of Vesuvius.
4. Aaron Burr killed Alexander Hamilton in a _______.
5. I saw the detective ________ his fists, but he refrained from striking the suspect.
Leave your answers in the comment box and we’d let you know if you are right!