“Write for tomorrow, not for today.”
Hey Sparkle Writers. We have some great writing tips from Andrew Motion for you today. Andrew is a well-known and celebrated poet who has published seminal biographies of poets and been a leading champion of poetry in the contemporary world.
Read his 10 writing tips and apply them too:
1. Decide when in the day (or night) it best suits you to write, and organise your life accordingly.
2. Think with your senses as well as your brain.
3. Honour the miraculousness of the ordinary.
4. Lock different characters/elements in a room and tell them to get on.
5. Remember there is no such thing as nonsense.
6. Bear in mind Wilde’s dictum that “only mediocrities develop”— and challenge it.
7. Let your work stand before deciding whether or not to serve.
8. Think big and stay particular.
9. Write for tomorrow, not for today.
10. Work hard.