Becoming a professional writer is not as hard as you think. You just need to develop some good writing habits and get rid of the bad ones you’ve picked up over time. Even if you don’t want to write professionally, the writing habits we’ll share today will help you to become a better writer.
Here are the 10 tips you must develop:
- Have a writing schedule and stick to it
2. Write when you are not inspired
3. Re-read your work days after you have written it and critique it
4. Read other writer’s work weekly. If possible, subscribe for their articles.
5. Commit to writing for at least 15 minutes every day. What you write is not important. Just write.
6. Question the status quo. What if things could be done differently? Put down your answer as a post or article.
7. Look for a better way to write the last sentence you wrote.
8. Disconnect from social media when you write. We know it sounds impossible but it will help you write better.
9. Constantly improve yourself. Make your craft your priority.
10. Have fun as you write. Writing should not be a chore. It should be way of life.